The "Brown Bible" is what my sisters and I lovingly call the family cookbook that I've used for years and years now. It has the best recipe for sugar cookies that I've ever found, and I've tried many others. According to my mom, the Brown Bible is "the Pine Bluff Jr. League Cookbook. My cousin, Bess sent my mother and me a copy when the first edition came out. She had helped write it. Since then there are other editions you can order. Mimo liked mine and ordered herself one."
Sunday, April 20, 2008
CJ's Drawing
Several have asked, so I should elaborate. In the attached photos, CJ is drawing the Twin Towers and Philippe Petit, who is the man who walked across a cable between the two buidings in 1974. We had just read "The Man who Walked Between Two Towers." This was initiated by a conversation that started earlier in the month. As CJ and I were walking to pick up BJ at school, we walked by the city park, where we saw a girl practicing tightrope walking about two feet off the ground.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Topher, I like your drawing of the buildings. That looks like fun to be able to use the ruler. Let Mimi see them when you finish, please.
Isn't is amazing how people can balance themselves on a rope just 2 feet off the ground? How scary would it be to do that between to BUILDINGS!!! Wow!
Oops, I meant to say "two" buildings!
Post a Comment