I am so delighted that I can share the good news...as of this morning, I've worked off 40 pounds! Which motivated me to run 5 miles this morning before we head out of town to Tacoma.
That has included MANY miles on the treadmill or the streets, a bit of low-fat cottage cheese, consistant routine of hitting the student rec center (gym) four days a week at 6 AM when I'd really rather still be in our warm bed sleeping snuggled next to my honey, a longer run on the weekends, and several sizes lost!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
This is a work in progress, and I'm working on losing more weight.
But the ultimate goal of all this is a lifestyle change that includes healthy living and healthy eating. Proportions, good choices, and being in control of what I want to feed my body.
In celebration of the success I've had so far, I've signed up for a class this fall called "abs and glutes" at the university. This is WAY out of my comfort zone, but I've said all along that once I lose a bit of weight, I'm going to branch out and try some new exercise options. I'm still hoping to try yoga or a spinning class someday:)
A major celebration for me along this adventure so far was on Mother's Day. Topher brought home a paper from school with responses about me and for the sentence, "My mom is really good at...", his response was "running 4 miles every day."
I have been logging in 22-28 miles a week this summer.
Happy 4th of July everyone!
3 comments:
Oh my goodness- I wish that anyone would say about me - Francie is good at running everyday! You are so good for making healthy choices - thus prolonging your healthy life! Today was the first day at our house that I went running and the kids rode alongside me on their bikes. We called it our 'family' workout. I do hope that our efforts will make an impact on their health.
I am sooooooooo proud of you!!!! Don't you just feel so good?!?! What a great thing for you and your entire family! It's very inspiring. Does CCJ or Benny ever ride their bikes with you? And I meant to ask you on your last post...when you run outdoors are you running in neighborhoods? Do you run by any of the beautiful mountains or rivers that I see in your pictures?
Yea! I almost didn't recognize you when I got off the plane in Pullman, June 16th. I knew you had lost weight but didn't dream that much. I was impressed you had already been for your jog at the gym every morning before I got up. I have to go back to Holland to do that. Too hot in Texas!
Post a Comment