Saturday, April 19, 2008

We made it!






...to Saturday that is! What a WEEK! OMG. Let me recap quickly. Started with the bday party at the park last week. 29 page research proposal (on emergent writing) due, submitted on Thursday. Two soccer games, one on Tuesday, one on Thursday (CJ scored 4 goals, possibly more. Proud mama lost track!) What fun to watch. It seems like CJ finally feels comfortable in the role of taking the soccer ball away from someone else.


Advising at the university started four weeks ago, which means I've averaged 12-15 hours a week in the advising office. Thank goodness, Thursday was my last day in the advising office for this length of time. I'll be back to my M/W schedule next week.


The husband and I BOTH devoted a good deal of time preparing for our presentations on Friday at a library conference. We both presented on two different topics, of course. Who would have ever thought that we'd be here, presenting? Not us. What a learning experience for both of us and we enjoyed doing it together. Since he drove to Boise on Thursday morning for the Idaho Chair Fair, he flew back to Lewiston on Friday to present. I picked him up at the airport in Lewiston, we drove to Clarkston, a mere 10 minutes, presented for an hour, drove him back to the airport so he could fly BACK to Boise to finish the weekend's Chair Fair. He'll drive back tomorrow, possibly in snow.




To conclude this CRAZY week, BJ's "Spring Fling" performance was last night at his preschool. I wish you could have all been there. I'll never know how these 4 amazing teachers coordinate the songs, recitations, and plays that these 3-5 year olds perform for us. BJ was in 4 songs/stories. I'll see if I can post a photo or two. The lights were out for the performance, so the pics are a bit dim. The video (if it uploads) is of BJ's group singing "Hi! My name is Joe and I work in a button factory" song. In one story, where you'll see his precious teacher holding the book and her arm around BJ, BJ is the baboon in the story. They let the kids make their own props, so he's holding his baboon mask.




Today we've tried to do very little!!!

5 comments:

Francie said...

I feel your pain girl! I feel like I'm about to fall down tonight. I was supposed to present my independent case on Thursday and a big storm came through. Good thing I didn't - I discovered a portion that I missed & want to add. So now it's postponed for 2 weeks - which means I'll be working on it for 2 more weeks trying to make it better. Hang in there - semester's almost over!

palouseygoosey said...

Ug. I'm sorry and I'm happy for you that you have 2 more weeks to live it. The proposal I turned in this week I'm actually turning in for my other research class as well. That is due in about 10 days. I have to change parts of it to fit the different requirements, and I can't even stand to look at the document right now!!!! I'm so tired of it. So I'll wait a couple of days, and then see if I can muster up the energy/desire to change what I need to in order to submit to the other professor. Why am I doing all this?!!!!! Believe, I've asked myself more than once lately!!! I do enjoy what I'm learning:)

Jenny said...

You do it because that is what you do. You can't not do it. I know. I'm proud of all of you. Now for your videos.

Mary Bess said...

Wow, you guys are too busy!! I can't believe CCJ is drawing with the straight edge! And, I remember the face of BBJ's teacher (the one on the right). Seems like he is enjoying himself! And wow, a 29 page paper! I'm tired just thinking about it! You go, guys!

Cowtown Camera Girl said...

Your week makes my head spin just thinking about it! All of that and you ran 6.7 miles!!! I'm impressed! It was good to chat with you yesterday. :0)