Saturday, May 17, 2008

Fun birthday with good school friends

Today CJ, BJ, and I went to a super fun birthday party for one of the girls in CJ's classes at school. Sweet Sophia actually just lives 1 1/2 blocks away from us and we never knew this until today! It was a beautiful, approaching hot, afternoon. Four girls, CJ and BJ, and a precious toddler there to celebrate and enjoy a good old fashioned pinata. Much to the boys' disappointment, the girls busted the pinata open before they even got a swing, but they handled it beautifully. CJ had been planning his mode of attack all week, but will have to wait for the next pinata I guess! Ice-cream cake followed by presants, and more outside play time. Simple and sweet. They were awfully kind to invite BJ and myself to join the celebration.

3 comments:

Jenny said...

So cute. It looks like everyone is happy. Sorry CCJ didn't get to hit the pinata.

Francie said...

I dig the 2nd girls outfit! Green dress, striped socks.

palouseygoosey said...

Oh I know! I wondered if you guys would pick up on this! I loved it too. She's the one who broke open the pinata before the boys' turn. The birthday girl is in the denim dress.