Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Beatrix Potter

As the boys are tucked under their many covers tonight, they are listening to this wonderful collection of Beatrix Potter books on tape that we checked out from the public library a couple of weeks ago. BJ just LOVES them so much, esp. the Tale of Peter Rabbit. I thought I might tell my family about this tonight, just b/c it these stories always take me back to childhood when we read these same stories. They are so good! BJ likes to be tucked in, covers up to his ears, snuggled next to his monkey, black puppy, and Pooh bear, and THEN he's ready for me to push "play". Sadly, we have to turn them back in tomorrow. We'll probably check them out again on Friday though. We've done that twice now. Ha ha.

Also, Aunt Bess, wanted to let you know that BJ has become the master of the memory game (candy style) that you gave CJ so many years ago. He beat me tonight, fair and square, by one pair. He wants to play every day, and man those candies look good:)

2 comments:

Mary Bess said...

I used to LOVE it when Mimo would read the Beatrix Potter stories to us! Did you know that in the summer of 1989 when I went to Europe, we went to the town where she had a farm, from whence she garnered the ideas for some, if not all, of her stories? She had a place in the Lake District of England. Such beautiful country! So charming and quaint.

Also, did you know there was a movie that came out in 2006 titled "Miss Potter" starring Rene Zellwegger? I did not see it but plan to rent it sometime.

http://www.visitmisspotter.com/

palouseygoosey said...

I didn't know any of the above. That's great that you went to see her home:) And now I'm going to put Miss Potter on our Netflix list.