This is a new weekly record for me and I'll say I'm proud of it.
I felt good this morning, running the last 6 miles for the week. I went to the rec center to run, only to find out they are closed this weekend for recarpeting. So I hit the road on foot, which on the one hand is very healthy for me to do, but it was a chilly 40 degrees (sun blocked by the clouds) and my toes were frozen for the first mile. Running outside felt great. I don't get to do it that often since the time change. I've noticed that when I do run outside, my pace is a bit faster than what I do on the treadmills. I averaged a 9:10 mile today, which might sound slow to some, but I'm quite thrilled with it:)
Many people out of town this week for Thanksgiving (the university is closed all week)and very peaceful running through the normally bustling campus. I made it to the top of ole' Watertower Hill (which is like a mountain when running!!!) and it always feel so liberating to run back down the hill, passed the golf course, looking out over the town. By the end of the run, I was in shorts and tee, sweatshirt wrapped around waste, which tells you that I did in fact warm up.
The pictures posted above were taken over a month ago, just before the leaves started to really turn colors. This green tree space is actually along my running route from this morning.
4 comments:
WOW! I am so impressed by your discipline and stamina. I know that it hasn't been easy to get to this point. CONGRATULATIONS!
Gracias!
I would be thrilled to run a 9:10 pace!
Holy moly!!! 45.5 miles and 9:10 pace. Very, very impressive. You inspired me to get out and run again. I did 5 miles yesterday. The first run in the past two weeks. I need to get it back into my routine. Hopefully I'll be able to do that this week. It's a good week to start since I'll have lots and lots of good food to eat this week. Looking forward to Lynda's sweet potatoes on Thursday.
Post a Comment