A yummy feast today at BJ's school, in good company with so many family friends. Strange how in just one year, since last year's feast, we've gotten to know so many more of the families that BJ goes to school with each day. We are so blessed. BJ is showing you his pilgrim hat that they made. The children also made placemats, which I'll keep forever, and turkey placesettings that were darling. Such fun. CJ's best friend in first grade, Dylan, has a little sister who goes to BJ's school. BJ and I sat with Dylan's family today and had a good time visiting. Now we're looking forward to our own family feast this Thursday:)
BTW, joyously celebrating, this proud mama, Topher finished his first chapter book this week, all by himself, thanks to a little encouragement from his precious, precious teacher. She understands his ability and really holds his feet to the fire, not just getting by, if you know what I mean. We're thrilled b/c the world of chapter books is SO much fun and his world is going to change!
And Flat Stanley is apparently making some visits...CJ's teacher read to his class two postcards this week, one from Granny and one from Grandma and Grandpa! Keep your eyes open, as Flat Stanley may be coming to visit you soon as well! We actually have two Flat Stanley's going in our family, as mom was so clever to download one in Holland for us:) I happened to be in his class volunteering this week just as she had started sharing the postcards/letters and it was delightful conversation shared between the children and Miss T and myself. What an awesome activity! CJ grinned from ear to ear when he found out that it was a postcard (x2) from his family:) Mom, I think I still need to get you their school's address so you can mail your post card....yikes!
Happy Thanksgiving Week to all!
1 comment:
Happy Thanksgiving! You are the busy one. I have just now had time to see your blog with all we've been doing in Texas this week. As always, I love the photos. You sook so trim!
Post a Comment