Monday, January 5, 2009

snow day


A little perspective...after we dug our way from the front door, to the sidewalk, to our driveway, we dug a little infront of our car to try to get the trashcans. Tomorrow is our trashday...fingers crossed they come to pick up the trash. You can see in these first two pics that the snow by our trashcans (behind Rick) and on back to our garage is really quite high. We couldn't park in our garage if we wanted to! I'm listening to the weather as I type this and we're being warned of chances of flooding over the next three days, as our temps warm up to 40s.



Digging out one step at a time from our porch out to the sidewalk...




View from front porch...



No school today, after I told Francie yesterday that surely schools wouldn't close! These pics will tell you why. We're in shock. We really are. As we approached our house yesterday from the airport, we saw about another foot of snow since the last time we were here, and these large tree branches were blocking our driveway and front walkway. The branches are falling off from the weight of the snow. Then we got at least another 12 inches over night. The boys love it and once again we're so grateful to the Buehlers for sharing their snowsuits with us. Both boys are wearing them today, as we've lost CJ's black ones somewhere.

Don't you know our neighbors must love the 4th of July decor hanging by our front door....still:)

School tomorrow?

Man we miss everyone so much. It's hard to even write about how much we miss you. The boys and I watched our video footage today from our trip.

Going to start dinner...

5 comments:

Jenny said...

How fun and beautiful. What a transition>>>> not.

palouseygoosey said...

Mom, I just finished assembling the boys new art easel that they got for Christmas. They can't wait to start paintning...maybe some windmills? We'll see.

Mary Bess said...

Oh my GOSH!!! I am blown away!! Man oh man I cannot believe how much snow there is....hey, where is Ricky's hat?? CCJ's scarf?? Some runny noses may be just around the corner if not careful!! Seriously! Bundle up guys! Thanks for sharing the pics! I'm so amazed! Sure miss you guys too! Christmas came and went all too quickly! Feb will be here before you know it!

Francie said...

That snow shoveling looks like a serious workout. I can tell you that my husband would not settle for anything less than a snow blower! What an amazing experience.

Poppyseed said...

I guess that's quite an experience for a family from Texas, where we get excited about an inch of snow! Were you here Saturday when it was 80 DEGREES??? Of course, then it was icy and 30 degrees yesterday! Enjoy your snow....I'm sure we'll get some in April. LOL!