CJ started a book about our friend Cheddar, who has reappeared in our backyard after a VERY long, cold winter. We're delighted to see him again. I haven't had the heart to tell CJ there is a possibility that Cheddar is really more than one squirrel! Cheddar loves to perch atop the tip of our garage and to scamper in the trees. The story so far reads "I like Cheddar b/c he is nice" and "I like Cheddar b/c he is like my pet but he is an outside animal."
The "Brown Bible" is what my sisters and I lovingly call the family cookbook that I've used for years and years now. It has the best recipe for sugar cookies that I've ever found, and I've tried many others. According to my mom, the Brown Bible is "the Pine Bluff Jr. League Cookbook. My cousin, Bess sent my mother and me a copy when the first edition came out. She had helped write it. Since then there are other editions you can order. Mimo liked mine and ordered herself one."
Friday, April 4, 2008
Cheddar
CJ started a book about our friend Cheddar, who has reappeared in our backyard after a VERY long, cold winter. We're delighted to see him again. I haven't had the heart to tell CJ there is a possibility that Cheddar is really more than one squirrel! Cheddar loves to perch atop the tip of our garage and to scamper in the trees. The story so far reads "I like Cheddar b/c he is nice" and "I like Cheddar b/c he is like my pet but he is an outside animal."
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
8 comments:
What is it??
A squirrel.
I would love to see Cheddar some day. You know that Ralph lives here outside of our house. Today he had a friend with him and they were playing like children.
Welcome gma5!!!!!!!!!!!
Cheddar is now my computer background. I love to walk by it and see the bright, shiney sun and trees with all the green. I may paint it in oil. Today Mimi is painting Knokawilla trees.
After studying the paintings at some length I see some Van Gogh qualities in the colors and particularly the brush strokes. Look how they swirl!
'A' and I were checking out your blog yesterday morning about Cheddar. Later in the day, I overheard her telling her friend about the story. She said, 'They call the squirrel Cheddar. Because it's loud when it eats - like it's eating Cheddar cheese.' Ha!
Oops! Another post by Eric!
Post a Comment