BJ had his second soccer game tonight and he was in good form tonight. His first game, last week, was a good intro for him...get on the field...get a feel for the movement, the crowd, etc.
Tonight BJ scored 4 times and he looked like was a superhero running around out there! He was SO excited, as were Rick and I!!!
The first goal was scored by dribbling from one end of the field to the other, kicking it just right of the goal post, quickly pickeing up the ball, placing it infront of the goal, and kicking it in!!!! The crowd was all cheering for him and he was thrilled! Rick yelled out "whatever it takes BJ!!" and the families thought that was so funny and of course all agreed:)
Another goal was scored on a beautiful break away, in our opponent's goal, and BJ was so proud! He came running back to mid field, amidst the cheers of the crowd. I think he was a little shy with the attention on him.
At midfield, he flashed me the hand signal, "I love you" and then yelled out, "I LOVE YOU MOMMY!" You an imagine the pride and joy swelling inside of me at this point.
Another goal, similarly scored on a break away into our opponent's goal. BJ comes running back to midfield, amidst more cheering from the crowd, and this time he decides to wave to everyone!
There was a fourth goal in there too, in OUR goal.
It was a HUGE game for little BJ and we knew it was coming.
Of course I didn't have my camera with me.
1 comment:
Congratulations on such a big success! Way to go, BJ! Love you, Mimi and Enno
Post a Comment