Friday, September 5, 2008

50 and feeling feeling fantastic...











The boys and I are enjoying a few inside games this early afternoon, hoping to go play some tennis this afternoon.

Beautiful fall temps are flirting with us this week and the sun is a-shining! You know we love it. Yesterday Rick had the car in McCall, so the boys and I walked home from their schools. BJ is showing you a couple of the pears we picked up off the ground at a neighbor's house. They have a beautiful pear tree, full of pears and some HUGE, GIGANTIC sunflowers. The sunflowers must be over 8 feet tall. They are taller than me.

As of yesterday, I have now lost 50 pounds. I thought that was a whole CJ, but he surprised me when standing on the scale, as he has somehow gained about 5 pounds this summer...again, that summer growth thing in kids! Maybe it's the vitamin D.

In the last 7 days I have run 34 miles and can't remember when in my adult life I've felt this strong.

Thank you to all our visitors and those who hosted us this summer for providing me with such healthy choices and accomodating my new eating lifestyle, including bringing my own foods out to restraunts.

Thank you to Aunt Nell, who planted the seed in my mind last xmas to entertain the idea of actually going to the gym before school, rather than after.

Special thank you to my precious husband who puts up with my noise in the morning when I'm leaving for the gym at 5:40AM. He listens to my recaps of the food I've eaten or the miles I've run. He doens't laugh when I try on the "skinny" clothes from my closet, hoping to fit into. And of course, keeps the sweet compliments coming my way!

5 comments:

Jenny said...

W!O!W!

Francie said...

That is so awesome. You must feel so strong and healthy! Keep up the great work!

Cowtown Camera Girl said...

I am so proud of you!!! That is a huge accomplishment! As I'm typing this I should be out running but I decided to skip this morning for a few extra minutes of sleep. You have motivated me to try to get in my run after school with Ezra J.

Also, every time I read one of your posts it just makes me think you guys must be living in the most beautiful place! Fall temperatures already! And a pear tree in your neighbors yard! What great experiences your children are having in Idaho!

Cowtown Camera Girl said...

And twister! What fun!

palouseygoosey said...

Thank you all!!! I do feel so strong and yes, we're LOVING the fall temps here! We wear sweatshirts to school every morning now and when the sun goes down there is a nice little chill.